In the first of a series of blog post we answer some commonly asked questions about making a will and probate matters in general.
1) Who would you like to act as Executors
2) Who do you wish your Will to benefit
3) What assets have you and what is their approximate value. This is important for reviewing what taxes may arise.
4) If you have children, at what age do you wish them to inherit? Who do you wish to act as their guardians and trustees until they turn 18?
5) See a solicitor. Modern life is complicated and rules surrounding the constructions and drafting of Wills and the law of Succession even more so. Proper legal advice will ensure that full effect is given to your wishes and intentions so as to protect your family and loved ones.